Monday, October 8, 2012

Upgrading the SSD in the Benq-s6

After an exhausting search and talking to every geek I know I finally found a possible fix for the super stupid small SSD in the Benq-s6
First you need to find a Super talent SSD ( Mfr. PN: FEM16GF13M ) There are no reports if any other SSD's work but Im sure they will if its the same type of controller/pins etc. 

After getting that badboy you will need to also find a zif 40 pin cable. The cables usually run about 3-6 bucks on Ebay so don't freak out sunshine! Also you might need to stay away from transcend SSD's most folk say they don't work at all because of the pin configuration. Thats all I got I promise after I do all my Mods I will Post it all!


5 comments:

  1. hello interesting article, did you finally run with solid disc??? cable 40 pin zif work without modification with a Super Talent 16GB ??

    thanks for you information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you find your info?? I'd love to try it if someone else has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,
    I purchased a HP Mini 1000 SSD, but it is a SanDisk brand one.
    I have the cables and everything installed, but when I try to power up the device, it just powers back down after a few seconds.
    I've yet to try wiping the SSD, but I can't get the device to boot.
    Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. show boot bios screen? if no turn on or turn on and stay off, possibly the pin configuration of your hard solid is not well placed or perhaps they are inverted face pin and turns off the device protection.

      Delete